We all know that white is a timeless color when it comes to furniture but if you want to create a moody design, then go for darker shades. Deep and dark colors create a relaxing atmosphere by adding depth and weight to the space. People often get confused with black color when talking about moody furniture, however, any darker shades can be used to create a moody look in your living room.
Whether you prefer merry greens or chic blues for your living room, our contemporary living room furniture collection offers numerous ways to transform moody furniture into a classy haven.
Why go for moody interior furniture?
Think again if you think that choosing moody furniture is risky. Here are some of the benefits of using moody furniture:
They add a striking effect
Making a statement with darker furniture is another option. Incorporating moody and dark furniture colors can help to spruce up the dramatic section of your interior design.
They widen tight places
Many people believe that choosing a darker profile will make a space appear smaller and more claustrophobic. Surprisingly, darker colors are ideal for smaller rooms because they enlarge the living space. When you choose a darker accent, it makes the space appear larger. Doppio Sogno is a maxi armchair at My Italian Living with a soft and enveloping design in dark blue color is an ideal seat to be enveloped by the most generous comfort, a nest to dedicate to oneself, to relax, rest, and read.
They evoke a sense of integrity.
Dark colors and palettes evoke intimacy. Using them in your living room can help you create a relaxing, comfortable, and moody atmosphere. Dall'Agnese furniture's Luna' Italian contemporary designer sofa is both functional and necessary. With the right furniture, everyone can achieve a modern look in their living room.
They help you focus on the big picture.
A darker, all-moody palette can also help you beautifully display your overall decor. In a room with light furniture, your favorite accessories and statement pieces will stand out more.
How to add moody furniture to your living space
- Combine patterns in contemporary living room furniture to create a more complete and elegant-looking living space.
- Overcrowding dark furniture can create a cramped and suffocating atmosphere. Reduce the dominance of furniture elements in your living room to add aesthetic appeal.
- Incorporate rugs and minimalist lighting to create a contrasting look in your living room design.
- If you're not sure what color to paint your walls, go for dark and accent-colored walls that complement the overall tone of your furniture.
- Engineered wood or simple white flooring can work well with moody furniture.
- Add rugs, cushions, and other accessories to the overall decor of the wind year.
- For a contemporary and modern look, choose a warm and traditional lighting palette.
- Incorporate minimal interiors from brands like Dall’agnese furniture, Tonin casa, and Compar like brands for a flashy and seamless appearance.
Dark and moody must be balanced as well. If you choose a dark paint color for the walls and ceilings, lighter furniture and artwork can help keep the space from feeling too dark or drab. Accessorize with houseplants and vintage finds, and add warmth with My Italian Living's wood furnishings. Then add textiles and pillows made of light fabric to soften dark and moody interiors. Metal shine in lighting and hardware can also make a dark room stand out. Reach out to us if you need any assistance while designing your space.